I have received my #Actobotics parts and it is now time to begin building my entry for the Servo City #AHA Challenge. The first assembly point for my leaf grinder robot is the chassis. The chassis parts lists:
- 2 – 15″ Aluminum Channel 585458
- 1 – 4.50″ Aluminum Channel 585444
- 1 – 9.00″ Aluminum Channel 585450
- 2 – Flat Triple Channel Bracket 585580
- 4 – Attachment Block B 585600
- 16 – 6-32 x 3/8″ Socket Head Machine Screw 632110
- 8 – 6-32 x 1/4″ Socket Head Machine Screw 632106
- 16 – 6-32 Nylock Nut 90631A007
1. Prep the 4.50″ Aluminum Channel for attachment to the twin 15″ Aluminum Channels.
After you’ve fixed the Attachment Blocks to the diagonally opposite corners of each end of the 4.50″ Aluminum Channel, use the remaining 6-32 x 1/4″ screws to securely attach the channel between the two 15″ Aluminum Channels. Count seven circles in from the end of each 15″ Aluminum Channel for mounting the 4.50″ piece.
OK; done! Now let’s move to the chassis front.
2. Using the 6-32 x 3/8″ screws and Nylock nuts attach the two Flat Triple Channel Brackets to the ends of the 15″ Aluminum Channels that are furthest away from the previously attached 4.50″ Aluminum Channel crosspiece.
Attach the brackets to the upper sides of the channels. Furthermore, ensure that the two bracket circles are centered over the first and third circles of the channels. Yes; first and third circles. The remaining circle of the bracket should extend over the front of each channel.
3. Slip the 9.00″ Aluminum Channel underneath the overhanging Flat Triple Channel Brackets, center the channel between the two 15″ Aluminum Channels (NOTE: there should be approximately one-half circle exposed on each end of the 9.00″ piece), and fix the 9.00″ channel to the brackets with the remaining 6-32 x 3/8″ screws and Nylock nuts.
4. The chassis is now complete. Next up is the drive mechanism.