After the six pieces of ABS sheet have been cut, it’s time to start assembling the chipper/grinder/shredder box. While the construction of this box might seem overly robust, we wouldn’t want an errant stick to wander into our mulcher and shatter our goal of building a leaf grinder robot for the Servo City #AHA Challenge. Would we?
Parts for assembling 3 sides:
- 7 – 90-degree Single Angle Channel Bracket 585424
- 1 – 1/2-inch Bore Flat Bearing Mount 535118
- 46 – 6-32 x 1/2-inch Socket Head Machine Screw 632114
- 46 – 6-32 Nylock Nut 90631A007
1. Fix the bearing mount to the inside of the left side of the box (as looking from the back of the box).
2. Use the 90-degree brackets to attach each of the three sides (back, top, and left side) together. Watch your edge overlap; the left side should cover the edges of the back and top and be flush with the outside surfaces of the top and back.
3. Set the completed 3-sided box aside. The right hand side motor mount and the chopping rotors will be assembled next.