This project is almost ready to roll!
First up, though, I have to build a battery/electronics bay on the rear of the chassis. By selecting a 12V sealed lead acid battery (SLA) for powering my Servo City #AHA Challenge entry, I can use its 3+ pound weight as a counterbalance to the shredder/chipper/grinder/mulcher box attached to the front of the chassis.
- 2 – 90-degree Single Angle Channel Bracket 585424
- 1 – Channel Bracket A 585484
- 11 – 6-32 x 3/8″ Socket Head Machine Screw 632110
- 3 – Single Screw Plate 585474
- 2 – 1/8″ Thick Hub Spacer 545492
The 12V SLA will sit on the 90-degree backets, while the 6V battery pack for the radio control (RC) receiver (RX) and steering servo will be safely nestled inside the bracket A. Cable ties will hold everything securely in place, while my leaf grinder robot devours leaves.